Ok, many of you love BBQ sauce. But this one combines the original barbecue sauce flavors with the amazing ones given from bourbon. If you are seeking a unique flavored bbq sauce, then you must try this one.
The most popular bourbon BBQ sauce needs the following items to prepare
- ¾ cup of your favorite bourbon
- ½ cup of chopped onions
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 cups of ketchup
- 1/3 cup of white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- ¾ cup of molasses
- ¼ cup of tomato paste
- a small amount of liquid smoke (it’s cheating… you might think, but if you use a smoker for the meat you prepare then you can skip this)
- salt and pepper to taste
- a little bit of extra virgin olive oil
You can also add Tabasco sauce to taste if you prefer a hotter sauce or chopped chili peppers.
First place the onion, garlic and olive oil in a large saucepan and sauté until the onions are transparent. Add the bourbon and stir for a couple of minutes. Then you add all the rest of the ingredients and bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer until the mixture has thickened for about 20 minutes.
The recipe above can be changed by adding or substituting spices that you prefer to use. You can add a small can of tomatoes, green peppers, or other peppers, soy sauce instead of Worcestershire sauce, and you can delete the liquid smoke.